I am a big lover of coleslaw but am not a fan of the shop bought ones as I often find they just don’t taste to fab – often a bit acidic. I thought I would share with you my go-to recipe, I make it with sprouts or red cabbage, whichever one I have in the house!
– 2 big handfuls of sprouts or half a red cabbage (we had handfuls of sprouts as we bought them loose as they’re cheaper then, if you buy a bag, you can use the whole bag)
– 4 carrots
– 1 onion
– A squirt of lemon (we used half a lemon)
– 2 tablespoons of Woodlands Farm natural yogurt
– A big squirt of Hellman’s mayonnaise – a little bit more than a tablespoon
– 1 heaped teaspoon of Otter Vale mustard
We grated the carrots, sliced the onion and sprouts (or cabbage) finely and added to a big bowl.
Then, we added the squirt of lemon, natural yogurt, mayonnaise and mustard to the mixture and mixed together well. It might look like you need more liquid to start with, but make sure you mix well before adding anymore as juices are released from the carrots.
I hope you enjoy making the coleslaw, you can very easily make it dairy free. If you do make it, don’t forget to tag me in your posts on social media!